Thursday 23 October 2014

Location Scout




These are where i will be taking most of my photographs for my magazine. I will be using a studio a  lot as this emphasis's the fashion genre a lot more as the photographs can be made specifically to make the clothing stand out or any other part of the model which is trying to be shown. Also in the studio, photographs can be taken any time no matter what the weather is which is beneficial. However i will want to take some photographs down my local park as this will give the magazine a bit more of an interesting look. It will also mean i can use the clothing of my choice in an outside location where it fits in place. This will depend on the weather when taking these photographs as if it rains i won't be able to get my model to stand in mood, and also it would make the photographs look bad. I think that these location choices will fit in well with the genre of fashion. This is because using areas like parks, makes the mise en scene a lot more interesting and can bring more of a real look to the model and the clothing that they are wearing, as different clothes fit to different locations and outside situations. A studio is the most known place to shoot images for a fashion magazine, as the images always have high key lighting and white backgrounds. This ensures that the model gets full attention as the background is not distracting at all, which draws more attention to the model and their choice of clothing. High key lighting is essential when taking photographs for a fashion magazine, as they need to be bright and clear enough to see both the models makeup and clothing so they look appealing to the target audience. The target audience of young females are drawn to these kind of photographs as they have more than likely been edited and models being shot in the studio are usually fashion icons which my target audience looks up to for inspiration.





I considered other locations such as a beach but as I thought further into it I realised it wouldn't be a good location for my fashion shoot. This is because coastal areas are mostly always really windy, which would ruin the models look in the images. Also if I was using a tripod or any props, these could get blow over and not usable. Also as it is winter, the beach is usually dark, and miserable at this time of the year which would not make a great look to my magazine as I want high key photographs which stand out against the mise en scene. Over all I think I chose the locations wisely and they worked well for myself and the models and the results were really good.



No comments:

Post a Comment