Friday 19 September 2014

Recee - Outside


the ‘recce’


1.    Are there any potential hazards that could pose a health and safety risk where your photo shoot will take place (trailing cables/traffic/other objects )?
There could potentially be fallen branches from trees on the floor, or other nature around. Also depending on the weather, more risks could be developed or made worse. Such as mud could develop and the shoot might not be to take place. Rain could ruin he models look, prevent locations being available and the camera equipment could get broken. Also if it is very windy outside. camera equipment could get blown over and it could disrupt the model and the look i am trying to achieve
2.    What will you do to ensure these risks are minimised?
I will make sure to keep watch on the location and how surrounding objects such as branches and other nature reserves could cause a problem to myself or my model. If a problem arises I will try my best to overcome the problem so II can continue with the photo shoot. I will also check the weather forecast daily for a time when I would be able to take my photographs. 
3.    Will the time of day/weather affect the outcome of the photos? Have you allowed for this?
Yes as I will need to take the photographs during the day time, on a sunny day day. As rain or strong wind would ruin my models look and the location may not be suitable to get to. If this happens I will have to reschedule the day to take photographs with my model.
4.    Have you considered the background to your photos, particularly if taken outside? How will you ensure you will get the background you want?
I will be trying to get wide backgrounds, getting in a lot of the background as i think this will make the images more interesting and make more relevant to some of the clothing choices. I will try a lot of different camera angles to try and get the background in which I want and i will have a range of photographs to choose from.
5.    Have you considered lighting? What about the ‘problems’ of natural lighting, either outside, or streaming through a window? Will you need to use a flash? Have you considered reflective objects that might spoil the effect? The lighting will be natural as I will be outside. Lighting may only be a problem if it is dark and misty as this is not the effect I want on my photographs. 
6.    Do you need permission to take photos in the place/venue you have in mind?
No I don't.
7.    Do you need to book time in a room (eg the photography studio at Shiney)?
No I don't.
8.    Are other people/crowds likely to be an issue for you? What have you done to ensure that it will not spoil the effect?
This is possible as I will be working in a public place, but I will be patient and wait until the area is clear so I can take my photographs. 
9.    Are you reliant on lifts/props/friends’ equipment/models? How have you planned that these things will come together at the appointed time? Plan B?
I will need models but I have all of my own equipment and I am able to get to the locations easily on foot. I have spoken with my models to assure a time and place of the photo shoot so everything is planned out. My plan B would simply be to arrange another time to do the photo shoot with my model. 

10. Finally, have you thought of every eventuality…?
Yes i have thought of every possible outcome, both bad and good, and I have a solution for both, to be able to continue with my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment